Area Map & Interest
Directions to Gateway Inn
Simply take I-80 Exit 41, then drive 2 miles south and you’ll arrive at the Gateway Inn. We’re right on the main street of Lyman – you can’t miss us. Our address is 106 East Clark Street, Lyman, WY 82937.
Lyman is located just 2 miles off of I-80 in Southwest Wyoming. We are 100 miles from Salt Lake City and 321 miles from Cheyenne, WY. Lyman is just between Evanston, WY and Green River, WY.
The Surrounding Area
Lyman is a town with a population of 2,096 and an elevation of 6,706 ft. It is one of several small towns in Bridger Valley, just a few miles from Historic Fort Bridger and the town of Mountain View.
Pioneers settled and passed through Bridger Valley as did the Oregon Trail, California Trail, Mormon Trail and Overland Stage Route.
- Lyman is at the base of the High Uinta Mountain range and the Wasatch National Forest. Enjoy many recreational activities in the beauty of the mountains year round.
- Flaming Gorge Reservoir is located just 54 miles from Lyman where you can enjoy all types of water sports and fishing.
- Labor Day Weekend brings many from all over the world to our little valley to share in the excitement of the Mountain Man Rendezvous in Fort Bridger.
- The Pedigree Sled Dog Race held each January brings many from all over to celebrate in this exciting event.
- On the 24th of July the town enjoys a big celebration of the Mormon Pioneers with a small town parade and fireworks.